Some U of T Libraries have re-opened their buildings for Fall 2020 term in order to provide access to technology including robust wifi and internet access. These spaces are for use by current University of Toronto students, faculty, and staff only.
As of October 26, 2020 anyone entering the library must show a 'green' Ucheck screen in order to gain entry, therefore users need to complete a UCheck self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus. See Health & safety measures.
- Floors 1 – 5 offer 256 seats and 25 computer workstations
- Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Signage indicates which seats and tables are available
- Work stations and tables without chairs should not be used
- Reduced hours are in operation
- Holiday closure will be in effect from Wednesday December 23, 2020 – Sunday January 3, 2021
- Entrance / exit to Robarts Library is from the St. George Street-side 1st floor doors only
- Users must scan their TCards to enter the building
- New students:
If you have not yet been able to get your TCard, or your TCard is not yet operational, you will be asked to provide
proof of registration – e.g., invoice, schedule – instead
- The libraries remain committed to accessibility for patrons with disabilities during this time
- Accessible entrances, washrooms, and study spaces are, or may be made available
- If you have any accommodation needs or concerns please contact the Library Accessibility Office, or the library you plan to visit directly.
- Since the Robarts Reflection Room is currently unavailable, reflection space is available on the 4th floor
- Starbucks is open, along with some other food and beverage locations on the St George campus
Not currently available
- Group study rooms in the Robarts Library building are not available.
- All books stacks remain closed in compliance with our HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service
- LIRA workstations and study space for visitors are not currently available
Gerstein Science Information Centre
- The main floor offers 99 seats and 24 computer workstations, available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Open to current U of T students, staff, and faculty only
- Access by TCard. If students have not yet obtained their TCard, proof of registration – e.g., invoice, schedule – will be accepted
- Reflection space is available in the George Connell Space on the main floor
- LIRA workstations and study space for visitors are not available
- More information about Gerstein's seating
Bora Laskin Law Library
Library access is for law students and law faculty only.
Library access is for music students and music faculty only.
Other St George campus libraries
Some other libraries may be offering limited seating, often for their faculties only. Check individual library websites.
University of Toronto at Mississauga Library
More details on the UTM library website.
University of Toronto Scarborough Campus Library
NEW! Students, staff, and faculty members coming to any U of T campus, including the libraries, must complete a COVID-19 health screening self-assessment before visiting (U of T News, Oct 26, 2020). People must login to UCheck with their UTORid and do the self-assessment. Anyone entering the library must show a 'green' Ucheck screen in order to gain entry.
Non-medical masks or face coverings must be worn indoors in all common-use spaces such as study spaces. Please review the University's policy on non-medical masks or face coverings and information on proper usage of masks.
Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available.
Directional arrows and signs show where to walk and stand to keep a 2 metre distance from others. In addition, two-way directional paths have been created, where people should keep right.
Public-facing service points will have plexiglass barriers.
Washrooms are cleaned nightly.