Some U of T Libraries have re-opened their buildings for Fall 2020 term in order to provide access to physically-distanced study spaces. These spaces are for use by current University of Toronto students, faculty, and staff only.
- Floors 1 – 5 offer 256 seats and 25 computer workstations
- Spaces will be available on a first-come, first-served basis
- There will be signage to show which seats and tables are available
- Work stations and tables without chairs should not be used
- Since the Robarts Reflection Room is currently unavailable, reflection space is available on the 4th floor
- Starbucks and Tortillas are open, along with some other food and beverage locations on the St George campus
Access & accessibility
- Users must scan their TCards to enter the building
- New students:
If you have not yet been able to get your TCard, or your TCard is not yet operational, you will be asked to provide
proof of registration – e.g., invoice, schedule – instead
- Entrance / exit to Robarts Library is from the St. George Street-side 1st floor doors only
- Reduced hours are in operation
- All books stacks remain closed in compliance with our HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service,
which will be maintained in order to provide access to users who cannot visit the library
- LIRA workstations and study space for visitors are not currently available
- The libraries remain committed to accessibility for patrons with disabilities during this time
- Accessible entrances, washrooms, and study spaces are, or may be made available
- If you have any accommodation needs or concerns please contact the Library Accessibility Office, or the library you plan to visit directly.
Group study rooms
- Group study rooms in the Robarts Library building are not available.
Gerstein Science Information Centre
- The main floor offers 99 seats and 24 computer workstations, available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Open to current U of T students, staff, and faculty only
- Access by TCard. If students have not yet obtained their TCard, proof of registration – e.g., invoice, schedule – will be accepted
- Reflection space is available in the George Connell Space on the main floor
- LIRA workstations and study space for visitors are not available
- More information about Gerstein's study space
Bora Laskin Law Library
Library access is for law students and law faculty only.
Library access is for music students and music faculty only.
Other St George campus libraries
Some other libraries may be offering limited study space, often for their faculties only. Check individual library websites.
University of Toronto at Mississauga Library
More details on the UTM library website.
Non-medical masks or face coverings must be worn indoors in all common-use spaces such as study spaces. Please review the University's policy on non-medical masks or face coverings and information on proper usage of masks.
Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available.
Directional arrows and signs show where to walk and stand to keep a 2 metre distance from others. In addition, two-way directional paths have been created, where people should keep right.
Public-facing service points will have plexiglass barriers.
Washrooms are cleaned nightly.