These instructions are for those who already have an existing mail profile (NOTE: do not delete any of your existing profiles). For those with no mail profile who are setting up Outlook for the first time see the article New setup for UTmail+ on Outlook for Windows.
Close Outlook if you have it open.
- From the Start menu, type Control Panel in the search field and select it to open it.
- Open the Mail (Microsoft Outlook) applet.
- You may see one of the two following windows: the Mail Setup window (if there are existing profiles) or the Mail window (if there are no existing profiles). If you see the Mail Setup window, you will need to click on Show Profiles before proceeding. Once you see the Mail window, click Add.
- Under Profile Name type Microsoft 365, and click OK.
- Under Your Name, type your first name and last name, under Email Address type your email address (usually of the form "email@example.com"). Under Password and Confirm Password type in the password associated with your UTORid and click Next.
- Outlook will try to search for server settings. This may take several minutes.
- Click Allow when the warning shows up.
- Outlook will search for your accounts settings. When the login screen appears, type your Username (this is the same as your email address and is usually of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org") and the password associated with your UTORid under password.
If a Username for a different account appears, click on Use another account, then type your UTmail+ Username and password.
Click OK. If instead, you see a window with the Weblogin page, enter your UTORid and password and click Log in.
- Click Finish to save the settings.
- In the Mail window, choose either Prompt for a profile to be used (eg. if you have more than one), or Always use this profile. If selecting Always use this profile, click on the drop down menu below and select the Office 365 profile. Click OK.
- Go back to the Start screen and click Outlook 2016 to open it. Enter your email address and password when prompted for User name and password and click OK.