For Fall 2020, virtual support is available. In-person support is not offered.
- Have you been in touch with your liaison librarian?
- Start a conversation with your librarian about classroom library instruction
- We prefer at least 2 weeks advance notice to ensure librarian availability. But the earlier, the better!
- A librarian visit works best when it takes place 2 to 3 weeks before a research assignment is due.
- Have you passed along the following information to your librarian?
- Course title, code, and section
- Number of students in your class
- A copy of the research assignment that your students are currently working on.
- A copy of your course outline, if possible.
Before the session
- Have you informed your students of the time and location of the librarian visit?
- This is especially important if the librarian visit is outside of your normal classroom and/or time
- Have you reviewed the research assignment with your students prior to the librarian visit?
- Have you asked them to starting thinking about the information-seeking process?
- Have you considered making attendance mandatory for the visit?
- Are you able to attend the librarian visit?
- If there are questions regarding an assignment that come up in the library session, you are the best person to answer them.
- Was the librarian visit beneficial to your students?
- Please feel free to provide feedback to your liaison librarian.
Download this page as a printable PDF.