- Changes are not saved or checked in when editing a document in SharePoint
- Repeated authentication prompts in SharePoint
- Restricted characters in SharePoint and file name length
- Recovering deleted documents
- SharePoint document is locked for editing
Microsoft SharePoint is a web-based tool that enables teams to collaborate using team sites, document publishing, blogs, wikis, and forums. It provides a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information from almost any device and all major web browsers.
There are currently several versions of SharePoint deployed across the university, many of which are locally maintained by individual departments.
SharePoint Online is a new cloud-based shared service that is part of the Office 365 suite. This service is operated and managed by Information Technology Services (EASI) and is available to staff and faculty who have been migrated to Office 365.
In SharePoint Online, departments or units may request site collection(s) to create SharePoint sites where faculty, staff, and/or students may collaborate online. Designated staff members act as "site owners" that design and manage their site(s) to best serve local faculty and staff needs.
SharePoint access is distributed and managed by independent local site owners.
How to request this service:
- Contact your local/divisional IT
- If you do not have a local IT group, you can submit a request to EASI
For more information, including introductory SharePoint online video tutorials, user guides, and other training materials related to SharePoint, please visit the Document Management Hub (authentication required).