You can set up mail forwarding to another email account such as a non-UofT email account.
Note: The University of Toronto will ensure message delivery between the University and your UTmail+ account. The University of Toronto cannot guarantee that messages will successfully be received if forwarded to other services (such as Gmail, Hotmail, or any non-UofT address).
Factors beyond our control, including external spam filters and mail routing problems, may prevent message delivery. The University will only communicate personal information to accounts contained in official records. For students, please see the Governing Council's Policy on Official Correspondence with Students.
Procedure to forward email from UTmail+
- Log into your UTmail+ mailbox through mail.utoronto.ca .
- Click on the Settings icon (), then begin typing forwarding into the search field. When it appears below the field, click on it.
- Choose Enable forwarding and enter the email address you would like the mail forwarded to.
- Ensure that the box for Keep a copy of forwarded messages is checked. This will ensure that if a messages is lost in transit to your forwarding address, you can still retrieve the original message on UTmail+.
- Click Save.
- To remove forwarding, go back to the forwarding settings, deselect Enable forwarding and click Save.