These instructions assume you have already installed Microsoft Office 2016.
- Open Outlook 2016.
- If you are opening Outlook 2016 for the first time and have UTORexchange set up in a previous version of Outlook, you will see a screen where you can Import data from that version.
- If you are opening Outlook 2016 for the first time and do not have an earlier version of Outlook, you will see the Set up screen. Click on the Add Account button.
- You can also add your account by going to Tools > Accounts when Outlook is open.
Choose Exchange from the Add Account pull-down menu in the bottom left, or choose Exchange or Office 365 from the right pane.
- In the next window, type your email in the E-mail address field, then click Continue.
- On the next screen, click Choose Provider at the bottom.
Note: If you are presented with a screen stating it is connecting to Office 365, click Not Office365 in the top left hand corner.
- On the next screen, click IMAP/POP.
- In the next window:
- Type UTORid into the User name field (replacing UTORid with your actual UTORid)
- Type your password into the Password field.
- Incoming mail server: eximap.utoronto.ca
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.utoronto.ca
- Click Add account.
- Click Done. Outlook will begin to import your email. You may need to wait a short time before seeing any of your messages.