- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner.
- Type Control Panel and then select and click the option that appears.
- On the screen that appears, in the top left, verify that next to “View by:” it says either “Small Icons” or Large icons” otherwise switch to either of the options.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Click Manually connect to a wireless network and click Next.
- In the Network name field enter UofT (case sensitive).
- From the Security type drop-down menu select WPA2-Enterprise and click Next.
- If the following screen appears, check the troubleshooting section below. Otherwise continue to step 10.
- Click Change connection settings.
- Click on the Security tab, then click on the Settings button.
- The security type and encryption type fields should already be filled in
- Underneath Choose a network authentication method ensure that Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) is selected
- Ensure that the Remember my credentials for this connection each time I’m logged on box is checked
Then, click Settings.
- In the Protected EAP Properties window, make sure that:
- The Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate box is checked
- The Connect to these servers box is checked and that the field underneath of it is filled in with radius.wireless.utoronto.ca
- Under Trusted Root Certification Authorities, the box beside USERTrust RSA Certification Authority is checked
- Select Authentication Method is set to Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- Click on the Configure button
- Uncheck the box Automatically use my Windows login name and password and click OK.
- Click on Advanced settings.
- In the Advanced Settings window, click on the 802.1X settings tab and check the box beside Specify authentication mode. Ensure that the mode is set to User authentication. Then click Save credentials.
- In the Windows Security window, enter your UTORid and UTORid password. Then click OK, then OK again. Your UofT connection is now configured correctly.
- Connect by clicking the wireless icon, choosing UofT, then clicking Connect.
- >Right click on the Wi-fi icon in the system tray (bottom right) of your screen and select “Open Network & Internet settings”.
- In the screen that appears, make sure you select Wi-Fi on the left side and then click Manage known networks on the right.
- If UofT is listed on the list of wireless connections, click to highlight then click on Forget.
- Close all& open windows and return to step 1of this document.
Note: If you are not prompted for a login please disconnect and reconnect to the UofT network.
Troubleshooting – “A network called UofT already exists”