Light therapy lamps are one mode of treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as the “winter blues.” The lamps are designed to mimic spring and summer light levels. They are used by reading, working or relaxing in front of them for 20-30 minutes per day.
Find them at the following locations in Robarts Library!
- 3rd floor Media Commons (adjacent to Screening Room 1)
- 4th floor reference room (adjacent to shelf #25)
- 5th floor (beside micro-format reader outside the Map & Data Library, Room 5052)
- 10th floor (adjacent to shelf #30)
The lamps are available for use in the library, on a first-come, first-served basis. [read more]
About Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Resources are available for University of Toronto students, staff and faculty
- City of Toronto crisis support resources for the general public
Get in touch
- Your feedback will help us improve this service. Please take our short survey.
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com