I. The Reference Services Committee is a standing committee of the Library Council.
Updated terms approved May 2013
- Head, Reference Department, Robarts 1
- Coordinator, Reference and Research, Gerstein 1
- Web Services Coordinator 1
- Digital Services Librarian 1
- Head, Faculty and Student Engagement 1
- Circulation Services 1
- Cataloguing and Authorities Users Group 1
- Collection Development 1
- Cheng Yu Tung East Asian Library 1
- Data, Map and Government Information Services 1
- Dentistry Library 1
- Engineering and Computer Science Library 1
- Gerstein Science Information Centre 1
- Media Commons 1
- Noranda Earth Sciences Library 1
- OISE/UT Library 1
- Reference Department, Robarts 1
- Resource Sharing Services 1
- Scholars Portal 1
- Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library 1
- University of Toronto at Mississauga Library 1
- University of Toronto at Scarborough Library 1
- Web Advisory Committee 1
- Each campus library wishing to participate 1
Members are appointed by the head of their library or unit.
Members shall serve a one-year term with reappointment possible.They shall elect their own chairperson annually.
Meetings are open, and representatives from any cmapus library may attend.
III. Terms of Reference
- To identify, consider and recommend initiatives to enhance reference services in the central library and, where appropriate, in the campus libraries.
- To share information related to reference services.
- To coordinate activities related to the provision of reference services.
- To anticipate and respond in a coordinated manner to developments in the library system which may have an impact on reference services: for example, forming subcommittees charged with working on specific areas of reference services deemed necessary and beneficial by the committee.
- To communicate relevant information related to reference services to other areas of the library system, as appropriate.
- To review, from time to time, existing reference services.
- To meet regularly, at least eight times a year.
- To report regularly to Library Council in May of each year.
- To collaborate with the Staff Development Committee in order to facilitate opportunities for reference-related staff development activities.