These instructions assume you have already installed Microsoft Office 2016.
- Open Outlook 2016.
- If you are opening Outlook 2016 for the first time and have UTORexchange set up in a previous version of Outlook, you will see a screen where you can Import data from that version.
- If you are opening Outlook 2016 for the first time and do not have an earlier version of Outlook, you will see the Set up screen. Click on the Add Account button.
- You can also add your account by going to Tools > Accounts when Outlook is open.
Choose Exchange from the Add Account pull-down menu in the bottom left, or choose Exchange or Office 365 from the right pane.
- In the next window:
- Type your email in the E-mail address field.
- Choose User Name and Password for Method.
- Type utorarbor\UTORid into the User name field (replacing UTORid with your actual UTORid)
- Type your password into the Password field.
- Ensure Configure automatically is selected.
- Click Add Account.
- Outlook will detect the Exchange server and populate your account
Verify the advanced settings
- Open Outlook. From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Select your Exchange account from the list.
- Click the Advanced... button.
- Select the Server tab.
The Exchange server fields should be as follows:
- Exchange server: https://ews2010.utoronto.ca/EWS/Exchange.asmx
- The setting "Use SSL for connect (recommended)" is checked
- The Directory Service fields should be as follows:
- Server: https://owa.utoronto.ca/ews/Exchange.asmx
- The setting "Log in with my Exchange account credentials" should be checked
- Click OK to close the Edit Account window and close the Accounts window.