- To: Library Council Members
- From: Susan Cozzi, Chair, Library Council
- Re: REFERENCE SERVICES COMMITTEE
I. The Reference Services Committee is a standing committee of the Library Council.
Head, Reference Department, Robarts
Coordinator, Reference and Research, Gerstein
Coordinator, Digital Acquisitions
Coordinator, Electronic Resources
Coordinator, Instruction in Library Use
Coordinator, Web Services
Digital Services Librarian
Circulation Services 1
Cataloguing and Authorities Users Group 1
Collection Development 1
Cheng Yu Tung East Asian Library 1
Data, Map and Government Information Services 1
Engineering and Computer Science Library 1
Gerstein Science Information Centre 1
Media Commons 1
Noranda Earth Sciences Library 1
OISE/UT Library 1
Reference Department, Robarts 1
Resource Sharing Services 1
Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library 1
University of Toronto at Mississauga Library 1
University of Toronto at Scarborough Library 1
Each campus library wishing to participate 1
- Members are appointed by the head of their library or unit in the fall of each year.
- Members shall serve a one-year term with reappointment possible. They shall elect their own chairperson, annually, immediately following their appointment.
III. Terms of Reference
To identify, consider and recommend initiatives to enhance reference services in the central library and, where appropriate, in the campus libraries.
- To share information related to reference services.
- To coordinate activities related to the provision of reference services.
- To anticipate and respond in a coordinated manner to developments in the library system which may have an impact on reference services: for example, forming subcommittees charged with working on specific areas of reference services deemed necessary and beneficial by the committee.
- To recommend annually two of its members from the central library system to the Electronic Information Resources Committee. One of the recommended members shall represent areas with science reference responsibilities, and one shall represent areas with social science and humanities reference responsibilities.
- To communicate relevant information related to reference services to other areas of the library system, as appropriate.
- To review, from time to time, existing reference services.
- To meet regularly, at least eight times a year.
- To report regularly to Library Council in May of each year.
- To collaborate with the Staff Development Committee in order to facilitate opportunities for reference-related staff development activities.
Library Council Home
This page was last updated
Your comments and questions
All contents copyright ©, University of Toronto Libraries, 2005-2001.