University of Toronto Central Library System
Library Council Memorandum #11 :
CIRCULATION SERVICES COMMITTEE
26 October 1994
TO: Library Council Members
From: Maureen Lee, Chair, Library Council
Re: CIRCULATION SERVICES COMMITTEE
I. The Circulation Services Committee is a standing
committee of the Library Council.
Head, Access and Information
Circulation Librarian, Sigmund Samuel
Manager, Local Sytems
Access and Information 1
Audiovisual Library 1
Cheng Yu Tung East Asian Library 1
Engineering Library 1
Noranda Earth Sciences Library 1
Resource Sharing 1
Science & Medicine Library 1
Sigmund Samuel Library 1
Each campus library using the automated
circulation system 1
Members are appointed by the head of their library or unit.
Members shall serve a one-year term with reappointment
possible. They shall elect their own chairperson(s).
III. TERMS OF REFERENCE
- To advise the Chief Librarian and the Director,
Information Technology Services on circulation policies and
procedures through Library Council and the Information
Technology Steering Committee.
- To serve as a forum for the exchange of information
related to circulation.
- To co-ordinate circulation policies and procedures in
order to provide effective circulation services.
- To anticipate and respond to developments which may
have an impact on circulation services.
- To confer, when appropriate, with staff in other
groups, committees, and departments.
- To review, from time to time, existing policies
affecting circulation services.
- To meet regularly, at least eight times a year.
- To report to the Library Council annually, in
Back to: Memoranda