- Library Council Memorandum #18
- February 20, 1997
- To: Library Council Members
- From: M. Lee, Chair, Library Council
- Re: ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES COMMITTEE
I. This is a standing committee of the Library Council
- Head, General Reference Department, Robarts
- Electronic Information Resources Coordinator
- Director of Information Technology Services
- Reference & Research Coordinator, Gerstein
- One person from each of the following:
- Selector, Collection Development (Sciences) - 1
- Selector, Collection Development (Social Sciences & Humanities) - 1
- OISE/UT representative - 1
- Materials Processing Department - 1
- Other Central Library Representatives - 2
- Scarborough Library - 1
- Erindale Library - 1
- Other Council of Campus libraires (in consultation with COCL) - 3
Members other than ex-officio shall be appointed by the Sub-committee on
Committees for a period of two years with the possibility of reappointment.
Science and social sciences & humanities should be equitably represented when
making this selection. Members will elect their own chair annually.
III. Terms of Reference
- To oversee and maintain library policy for the acquiring, storing,
preserving and providing access to electronic information resources..
- To recommend to the Chief Librarian the acquisition of appropriate
databases for networking systemwide.
- To ensure that technical expertise is developed and maximized in each
library department/section and that strong communication links between
Information Technology Services and all departments/sections are maintained.
- To report to the Library Council annually, in March, and as necessary.