Standing Commitees of Library Council
University of Toronto Central Library System
Electronic Information Resources Committee
- Library Council Memorandum #18
- April 2006
- To: Library Council Members
- From: Sharon Dyas-Correia, Chair, Library Council
- Re: Electronic Information Resources Committee
I. The Electronic Information Resources Committee is a standing committee of the Library Council.
- Director, Collection Development, UTL - 1
- Coordinator of Digital Acquisitions, CDD - 1
- Head, Reference and Research Services, Robarts Library - 1
- Reference & Research Coordinator, Gerstein Science Information Centre - 1
- Electronic Information Resources Co-ordinator, ITS - 1
- Director of Information Technology Services - 1
- Selector, Collection Development Department (Sciences) - 1
- Selector, Collection Development Department (Social Sciences & Humanities) - 1
- OISE/UT Library - 1
- Materials Processing Department, Robarts Library - 1
- Other Central Library Representatives - 2
- U of T Scarborough Library - 1
- U of T Mississauga Library - 1
- Other Council of Campus Libraries (in consultation with COCL) - 3
Members shall be appointed by the head of their library or unit to serve a two year term.
Members may be reappointed. Science and Social Sciences & Humanities should be equitably represented when appointing members. The Committee shall elect its own chair annually.
III. Terms of Reference
- To oversee and maintain library policy for the acquisition, storage, preservation and provision of access to electronic information resources.
- To recommend to the Chief Librarian the acquisition of appropriate resources for networking system wide.
- To liaise with the Collection Development and Management Committee.
- To meet regularly, at least 5 times a year.
- To report to the Library Council in March each year.
Back to: Memoranda | version 1 of memo #18