University of Toronto Central Library System
Library Council Memorandum no. 26:
Task Force on Services at a Distance, April 22, 1999
To: Library Council Members|
From: M. Lee, Chair, Library Council
Re: Task Force on Services at a Distance
I. This is a task force of Library Council
- Ex officio:
- Manager, Human Resources
- Head, General Reference, Robarts
- Coordinator, Reference & Research, Gerstein (or designate)
- Chair, Reference Services Committee
- Director, Information Technology Services (or designate)
- Appointed in consultation with department heads, one person from:
- Access and Information (Robarts or Gerstein)
- Information Technology Services
- Resource Sharing (Gerstein, Robarts, or OISE)
- The Chair shall be selected by the members.
III. Terms of Reference
- To consult widely, reviewing and evaluating existing information and reference services and delivery offered at a distance by University of Toronto libraries.
- To gather information concerning users' present and projected needs for services at a distance and prioritize them.
- To review and evaluate data from the UTLive pilot project.
- In light of the priorities from #2 and the outcome of #3, to consider related issues, including:
- Level and number of staff required
- Hours of service
- Training needs
- To report to Library Council at the September 1999 meeting recommending policies and practices related to reference and information services offered at a distance.
Back to: Memoranda