This Committee was dissolved at the Library Council Meeting of February 16th, 2005
University of Toronto Central Library System
Library Council Memorandum #3
STANDING COMMITTEE ON SIGNAGE
26 October 1994
TO: Members of Library Council
FROM: Maureen Lee, Chair, Library Council
RE: STANDING COMMITTEE ON SIGNAGE
I. This Committee is a standing committee of the Library
Ex officio members:
Director of Development & Public Affairs
Publications Committee Chair
Access and Information 1
Data, Map and Government Services 1
Rare Books/Archives 1
Gerstein Science Information Centre/AV Library 1
Engineering/Earth Sciences/Pharmacy 1
Members shall serve for one-year term with reappointment
possible. A member who cannot attend may send an alternate.
They shall elect their own chairperson.
III. TERMS OF REFERENCE
- With broad consultation, to establish standards,
policies and guidelines for signage in the Central Library
- With broad consultation, to review existing signage in
the Central Library system and to make recommendations for
changes as necessary.
- To monitor the effectiveness of new signage and to make
recommendations for changes as necessary.
- To establish a sub-committee to oversee the design,
production and installation of signage in the Central
Library system, and to establish other sub-committees as
- To consider any other matters dealing with signage as
they may arise.
- To co-opt other resource personnel as appropriate.
- To report to Library Council once a year, in November.
- To recommend a method or manner of implementation of signage.
Back to: Memoranda