Annual Report of the Reference Services Committee
As a standing committee of Library Council with members
appointed by the heads of libraries or units, The Committee
submits the following:
to Library Council, March 19, 1997
A. GOALS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 1. To identify, consider and recommend initiatives to enhance
reference services in the central library and, where
appropriate, in the campus libraries.
- 2. To share information related to reference services.
- 3. To coordinate activities related to the provision of
- 4. To anticipate and respond in a coordinated manner to
developments in the library system which may have an
impact on reference services.
- 5. To recommend annually two of its members from the central
library system to the Electronic Selection Subcommittee,
one to represent the sciences and one to represent the
social sciences and humanities reference responsibilities.
- 6. To communicate relevant information related to reference
services to other areas of the library system, as
- 7. To review, from time to time, existing reference services.
- 8. To meet regularly, at least eight times a year.
- 9. To report regularly to Library Council an the appointed
month of each year.
The Committee accomplished its goals, especially by the
C. PLANS/FOCUS FOR 1997/98
To continue past goals and to formulate new ones if
it becomes appropriate.
To meet and exchange information which will contribute
to coordinated advances in reference service.
Respectfully submitted, Evelyn Collins
Back to: Reports and Draft Documents