University of Toronto Central Library System
Standing Commitees, Serials Users Group
Library Council Memorandum #20
May 26, 2004
To: Library Council Members
From:S. Cozzi, Chair, Library Council
Re: SERIALS USERS GROUP
I.The Serials Users Group is a standing committee of Library Council.
Head, Collection Development
Coordinator, Acquisitions & Serials
Head, Serials Section
Local System User Support Librarian
One person from each of the following:
Order Section - 1
Serials Cataloguing - 1
Serials Section - 1
Periodicals Reading Room, Robarts - 1
Reference Services Committee - 1
Each central library unit and campus library involved in DRA serials control - 1
Members are appointed by the head of their library or unit. Members shall serve a one-year term with reappointment possible. Members shall elect their own chairperson(s).
III. Terms of Reference
- To serve as a forum for the exchange of information related to the Serials control.
- To monitor the ongoing implementation of the serials check-in module in all locations.
- To recommend policy decisions on matters relating to the use of the serials client as well as other serials issues, such as concatenation, holdings format, cataloguing, etc., and to maintain open communications with other groups such as the Cataloguing and Authrorities Users Group, and the Reference Services Committee in order to discuss these issues.
- To evaluate changes and improvements in the Serials Check-in software and to make recommendations regarding implementation.
- To forward suggestions to the local system vendor regarding improvements to the Serials Check-in software.
- To meet as often as required, but not less than twice a year. To report to Library Council once a year in May.
Back to: Memorandums
This page was last updated
Your comments and questions
All contents copyright ©, University of Toronto Libraries, 2001.