A committee of Library Council responsible for initiating and organizing essential job-related development programmes (see Annual Reports for a complete list of activities and events). The committee also monitors and co-ordinates all broadly based staff development programmes offered in, and at the library to address the education and development needs of all staff. Committee members come from the various staff groups. The meetings are held on the last Wednesday of each month. The committee meets at Robarts Library in the 4th floor meeting room of the Reference and Research Services unit.
- Ex-officio: Darlene Chow (Manager) and Courtney Lederer and/or Andy Ling (Generalist, Library), Human Resources
- Appointed Librarians: Jack Hang-tat Leong, Gail Nichol (co-chair), Elena Springall, Christina Tooulias-Santolin
- Council of Campus Libraries:Halayna Kozar
- Professional/Managerial staff and Confidential staff: Susan Gropp
- CUPE 1230 Staff: Richard Hydal (co-chair), Kris Wawrzyniak
- USW 1998 Staff: Chris Finley
Meetings are held on the 4th Thursday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. They are held in the Reference and Research Services Meeting Room on the 4th floor of Robarts Library.
- 2012 (March 2011to February 2012)
- 2011 (March 2010 to February 2011)
- 2010 (February 2009 to February 2010)
- 2009 (March 2008 to February 2009)
- 2008 (April 2007 to March 2008)
- 2007 (April 2006 to March 2007)
Focus groups were held in March & April 2009 to assist the Staff Development Committee in planning activities. The purpose of the focus groups was to find out from Library staff their ideas for job-related and personal interest activities sponsored by the Staff Development Committee.