The University of Toronto Libraries produces a number of original events for its staff (*) and the university community. In general, they are organized and/or promoted through the UTL Staff Development Committee .
Book exhibitions, recommendations by UTL staff
In 2004, the Library's Staff Development Committee organized an exhibition called "Staff Picks for Summer Reading". Full-time, part-time, and retired library staff were invited to recommend a book that they thought would be of interest to others. Staff enthusiastically took up the challenge and recommended over 100 books. Since then other exhibitions have been organized with great success.
- 2008, And the rest is history: An Exhibition of Books with an Historic Theme
- 2007, Seas of Ink: An Exhibition of Books by Canadians
- 2006, Life Stories: An Exhibition of Auto/biographies Recommend by UofT Library Staff
- 2005, Shady Characters: An Exhibition of Mysteries
- 2004, Staff Picks for Summer Reading
TRY Library Staff Conference *
8th Annual Conference will be in 2012, Tuesday May 8
Proposals will be accepted online through the conference website (in development) in January 2012. The deadline for submitting proposals will be Friday January 27, 2012.
- 2011, Over the Horizon: The Future of Academic Libraries
- 2010, Libraries as Agents of Change
- 2009, New Directions
- 2008, The Library and the Academic Community
- 2007, Libraries and Student Engagement
- 2006, Partners Connecting: UTL Staff in a Collaborative Era
- 2005, Libraries in the Digital Age
Showcasing the Collections, UofT Libraries *
Organized by the UTL Staff Development Committee for library staff interested in knowing more and exploring hightlights of/from various collections held by the UofT Libraries. The 2011/2012 series begins with the Massey College Library (Robertson Davies) More information about the showcases.
- In the Spotlight on Thursday November 3, 2011 (1:00-2:00pm)
Informal Tour: Library & Print Shop, Massey College Library