The UX Lab is available to anyone in the U of T community: students, faculty, and staff. Contact us to discuss using the space. We can provide consultation on a project or work with you to provide UX services.
Lab capacity is 10 seats. Lab staff can provide basic instruction on how to use equipment and software. Study design, research integrity, and data management are the responsibility of the researcher.
- UX consultations or project feedback with lab staff
- Guidance on how to conduct usability testing, interviews, surveys, card sorting, and focus groups
- Instruction on when and how to use usability testing tools
We also have a small shelf of books on user experience topics and an online User Experience Toolkit.
- MacBook Pro 13"
- Microsoft Surface Pro 13" with pencil
- Large wall mounted screen
- Large whiteboard
- Voice recorder and headset
- Camera stand
- HDMI cables and Mac-friendly dongles
- Tablet stand
- Adjustable raised laptop stand
- Modular tables and seating
All equipment is for in lab use only.
Some software is only available when working with lab staff. Contact us for details.
We periodically offer small workshops introducing the concept of UX and how to conduct usability tests.
Please check the workshop calendar for dates.