Update! BrowZine is now available for iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets.
The bookshelf-style app BrowZine allows you to browse, read, share, and save online journals directly to your tablet or smartphone. Available for free from the App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Appstore, BrowZine gives U of T students, faculty, and staff easy access to many of the University of Toronto Libraries' licensed online journals from both large academic publishers and open access publishers.
With BrowZine you can
- Discover journals by subject – no need to know individual journal titles
- Stay current – keep up to date on your favourite journals and topics
- Create a personal bookshelf of journals in your subject area – easy access to research you use frequently
- Subscribe to notifications – receive an email when new issues of your favourite journals are available (currently iOS only)
- Share with your friends– send articles via email, Facebook, or Twitter
- Save for later – export articles to DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, and Zotero
BrowZine is available only to current U of T students, faculty and staff.
— Camilla Wong (@camilla_wong) December 14, 2014
Watch this video to see how BrowZine works
Judith Logan, Reference Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-1955
Lisa Gayhart, User Experience Librarian, email@example.com or 416-946-0959