LIRA computers for visitors not currently available.
On campus | Wireless access | Remote Lab | Off campus e-resource access | Library visitors
On campus spaces & workstations
- Robarts spaces and workstations are available for current University of Toronto students, staff, and faculty, as well as to patrons who have an active borrowing plan issued through Reader Registration
- Gerstein Science Information Centre information for current University of Toronto students, staff, and faculty
- Check other libraries' websites for library-specific information
- Check live computer availability across campus
- LIRA workstations for visitors are not currently available
- Computer access facilities (CAF) are managed by the Information Commons (IC) for the Central Libraries
- Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- See the IC Knowledge Base for more info
- Users must bring their own USB keys to save their files.
- Files can be temporarily saved to the hard drive for emailing to yourself, or uploading to a remote location such as Quercus or the OneDrive storage available with UTmail+ accounts
- Save your work frequently, and keep a backup copy of your work in a separate location – e.g., another USB key, a home computer.
- All files on LIRA workstations are deleted regularly, so be sure to email them, upload them, or save them on your own storage device.
- The Scotiabank Information Commons is not responsible for lost data caused by hardware or software failures.
- Information on wireless access on the St George Campus
- Instructions on how to connect from various devices
- FAQ: How do I get onto the wifi?
This Information Commons service allows current students and faculty users to remotely access computers in Robarts Library – 1st floor, and in the Map & Data Library
Standard software such as Microsoft Office 365, and specialized software is available – this set of FAQs describes the service and available software.
Off campus access to electronic resources
For current University of Toronto students, faculty, and staff:
- For off campus access to licensed University of Toronto Libraries' electronic resources –– online journals, articles, e-books, and databases –– log in to LibrarySearch with your UTORid and password
- Students, faculty and staff can also connect through UTORvpn
- More information about off campus library access
- When you are at another university, join the Eduroam wireless network if available, with your U of T credentials
- Papers user? Set up your library proxy
There is no off-campus access to UTL licensed resources for alumni borrowers or other external borrowers.
LIRA computers for library visitors
Robarts Library, Gerstein Science Information Centre, and other libraries maintain Library & Internet Resource Account (LIRA) workstations to allow library visitors to use our computers for academic research.
––Last updated May 11, 2023