Papers software enables scientists to integrate database searching, downloading, and indexing of PDF articles for fast and easy future reference. Some article databases that can be accessed with PAPERS require downloadable plug-ins and special access codes in order to work.
Setting up PAPERS software to work with U of T article databases
- Go to Papers Preferences
- Click on the SOURCES icon
- In the box beside LIBRARY PROXY, enter this: http://myaccess.library.utoronto.ca
- Click on the PLUGINS icon in Papers Preferences to see which databases require plugins and ID numbers
- Set the ID number for the database if required. Click here for the University of Toronto ID numbers for PAPERS plugins.
- Still having trouble connecting Papers to Scopus?
Try connecting via UTORvpn, the University of Toronto virtual private network.
Instructions at http://vpn.utoronto.ca