University of Toronto Libraries (UTL) sparks the search for knowledge and understanding in our University and the wider community. We are one of the leading research libraries in the world. We partner with our staff, faculty and students as they pursue their paths to becoming creative and thoughtful scholars, learners and citizens. We are the heart of the University; we ignite and amplify our community’s academic curiosity, encourage dialogue and provide essential context for critical engagement. Our commitment to openness will best facilitate knowledge creation in our diverse scholarly community. Read the University of Toronto Libraries' Barrier-Free Access to All of the Right Information 2020 - 2025 Strategic Plan.
- We foster community for all of our users.
- We take a user-first approach.
- There are no wrong doors; all of our service points welcome our users.
- We are committed to accessibility, inclusion, diversity and equity in all that we do.
- We deliver proactive services; we actively engage and reach out to our students and faculty.
- We care deeply for our environment and strive towards environmental stewardship.
- We are committed to informed assessment; we strive to continually improve based on user feedback and other diverse sources of evidence.
- We listen and make space for diverse opinions.
- We work together collegially, across our campuses, as one team, readily sharing information and expertise.
- We believe in ongoing learning, professional curiosity, innovation and creativity – we evolve to meet future needs.
- We value connection and collaboration. We actively seek partners locally, provincially, nationally and internationally.