About the library
The Gerstein Science Information Centre is the largest science and health science academic library in Canada. It is a content contributor to the Medical Heritage Library, a digital curation collaborative among some of the world’s leading medical libraries. It is also home to the MADLab, a student-centric facility devoted to mobile software development. The building opened in 1892 and the heritage wing of the Gerstein Science Information Centre is designated under the Ontario Heritage Act and is on the City of Toronto's list of heritage properties.
Our staff provide support for all aspects of research, teaching, and learning for the students, faculty, and researchers in the science and health science community:
- In-depth research consultations (in-person, email, or virtual)
- Customized library instruction
- Document delivery and interlibrary loan from other libraries
- Quiet Study Areas and Group Study Rooms (including a Presentation Practice Room).
- 3D printing
For more about our services and spaces, take a Virtual Tour.
- Primarily material on the sciences, including the health sciences, medicine, physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Print collection of 500,000 books and 1,200 journal subscriptions
- Access to over 100,000 online journals and books
- More about our collections, including our Palomar Astronomy Collection