About the family study space
Robarts Library welcomes children.
Users with stacks access are welcome to bring their children 12 and under with them to the stacks. U of T affiliated users are eligible to use to the Family Study Space, a secure, child-friendly, sound-proofed room in the Robarts stacks. The room is located on the 9th floor in Room 9-002.
For a full list of what's available in the space, please see our inventory.
Current students, faculty members, visiting scholars, and staff at the University of Toronto who have children 12 years old or under.
Study room access
To obtain a free access fob for the family study space, you must register online (link to form at the bottom of this page) with the Robarts Library carrel office, and you will be notified when the fob is ready for pick up. You can pick up the fob Monday-Friday 9 am- 5 pm.
Users can register for a fob anytime of the year; however the fob expires on August 31 of each year.
The fob must be renewed on an annual basis with the carrel office.
There is a $15.00 replacement charge if the fob is lost.
Family study space usage policies
- Parents/guardians must have their children present to use the space.
- Children may not be left alone in study rooms at any time.
- Parent/guardians are responsible for their children’s safety and behavior.
- Library staff cannot oversee unescorted or unsupervised children, nor be responsible for their safety.
- The family study space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- The room has a capacity of 20 adults and children.
- Parents/guardians are expected to clean up after themselves and leave the room in good condition for the next users, including erasing the whiteboard and disposing of trash.
- Parents/guardians must use the washrooms for diaper changes and disposal of soiled diapers.
- Everyone must vacate study rooms 30 minutes before Robarts Library closing time.
Violation of these or other applicable library policies may result in loss of access to family study space.
Questions or general feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org