Do I need a license for an event for students and members of the public that will include showing a movie or TV show, either for a fee or for free?

Yes. Because the social event is not primarily for University students, and the showing is for recreational purposes rather than for education or training, a licence will be required. It makes no difference whether or not an admission fee is charged.

See other FAQs about: 

Can't find what you're looking for?  Contact us.