You can enter the name of the author directly into the LibrarySearch search box on the homepage, but this will also bring up articles by the same author, and books by authors with similar names.
Good ways to find books by author are to use either the ADVANCED SEARCH mode or the BROWSE feature.
Advanced search mode
- You can click into Advanced Search mode once you are already in the LibrarySearch interface
- Choose Author/Creator and enter the name of the author, i.e., Richard Wagamese
- Be to search in the catalogue, which is where books are listed.
- Click on the search button to get a list of books by Richard Wagamese
- LibrarySearch lets you browse lists of Author/Creators, or Titles, or Subject Headings, or Library of Congress call numbers.
- Click on the BROWSE link on the top navigation bar
- Drop down the menu to choose BROWSE BY AUTHOR
- Enter the name in Last name, First name format and click on search
- Click on the number appearing next to the author's name to get the list of 20+ book titles in the catalogue
For more information on using all the many features and functions of LibrarySearch, have a look at this guide on using the new system.