Logging into the new library search system depends on your user status. If you are experiencing problems, see the HELP section.
Once you are in LibrarySearch, look for the SIGN IN buttton.
Clicking on it brings you to a box with two choices.
U of T community members: Sign in with your UTORid. If you have not used your UTORid before, this is how to find it.
* Alumni & external researchers
- In the past, you signed in with your library barcode and PIN
- This has changed because of the new library system
- You will be issued a UTORid so that you can log in to request loans or access your account information.
- Email notices containing this credential will be sent to most of those eligible for this service sometime in January or February 2021.
- If you are not in receipt of an email about your UTORid, or have questions about the change in access, please contact the Reader Registration unit at email@example.com
- Hospital staff: Sign in with your library barcode
- The first time you sign in to the new system, you will be prompted to reset your password.
To reset your password
Click on RESET PASSWORD
- Enter your library barcode where it says User ID, or email address *associated with your account*
- You will then get a password reset email
Not sure which group you belong to?
Contact Reader Registration department at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out
- LibrarySearch login problems: Email email@example.com
- UTORid questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UTORid password reset questions/problems: Contact the Information Commons Help Desk email@example.com or 416-978-4357
- Library barcode questions: Contact Reader Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org