I live on campus and would like to watch a movie or TV show with my floor mates in the common area. Do I need a licence?

As long as the showing is “private” (that is, essentially limited to your private circle of friends or floor mates) you should not need a licence. However, if you advertise the showing or invite a wider audience that could not reasonably be understood to be private, different considerations may apply and a licence may be required.

See other FAQs about: 

Can't find what you're looking for?  Contact us.