Accessibility Services at the University of Toronto libraries offers students with disablities several services:
- Texts in alternative formats: We can order Braille, large print, audio, or electronic versions of books and articles required for your course work.
- Assistive technology: You can borrow laptops, document scanners, word processors, or CD playback machines from us.
- Scanning: We can scan print materials for you when a digital copy is not available. Scans are processed for optical character recognition.
- Renewals and extended loans: Sometimes it is possible for you to keep a book longer or renew it multiple times.
- Proxy borrower authorization: You can designate someone to borrow and retrieve books on your behalf.
If you have a disability, please register with the University of Toronto Accessibility Services so that you can access their services. For full details about Accessibility Services, please visit our website.