Before we started using Library of Congress classification system, Robarts books were catalogued using the "Old Class" system. Many older works are still catalogued this way.
Journals and Periodicals
- Journals and periodicals are on Robarts' ninth floor, ranges 6-14
- Distinguished by a letter P at the beginning of the call number
- Example: P LE N
Monographs and Pamphlets
- Mongraphs and pamphlets are in Robarts storage
- Sometimes mistakenly marked as "Stacks" in the catalogue record
- Pamphlets distinguished by "Pamph" at beginning of the call number
- Example: Pamph. HAm. S.
Many Old Class materials are held at Downsview, our off-site storage facility. Request by intercampus delivery.