I've heard a lot about Zotero, Wizfolio, EndNote, Papers, RefWorks, Medeley, Sente, and others. How do I know which one would be best?
It depends on how you plan to use this type of software.
Questions to ask yourself when shopping for a citation manager
- Do you want to be able to store PDFs in the program? If so, how many GBs?
- How much will you need to share and collaborate with your colleagues?
- Do you want to work offline? Or would a web-based program be OK?
- Do you need the program to be compatible with your mobile device?
- Are you willing to pay for a program or subscription?
Compare your options
Click the image to view the full comparison table.