The request item button can only be used to:
- Request that an item at one campus be transferred to another (St. George to UTM / UTSC, for example). It is not possible to request that an item at one library on the St. George Campus be transferred to another St. George library.
- Place a hold on an item that is already checked out. If the item is available, it cannot be requested.
- Request an item from one of our storage facilities.
There are several reasons why you may not be able to request items through the catalogue. The most common reasons are:
- The item is available (i.e. has not been checked out).
- The item is available at another library on your home campus.
- Your library membership does not include the ability to request items (the Alumni Reader card, for example)
- The item is a reference item that cannot be borrowed.
- The item is "on order" or "received", but has not available for check-out yet.
See other FAQs about: