This page lists known issues with LibrarySearch. If you run into a problem not listed here, or you identify a missing resource, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- ASTM International: Not available through LibrarySearch at this time. Please access directly via ASTM Compass Portal.
- Clear your cache/cookies especially if you're using pre-LibrarySearch bookmarks
- Try a different browser, or restart your computer
- If you have signed into LibrarySearch to check your account, pay fines, pin items, etc., you still have to login to see fulltext of e-resources
- If you have first logged in to view e-resources, you will still have to sign in to LibrarySearch to check your account
- For some articles, the record shows DOWNLOAD PDF in the Brief Results page – this is the LibKey Browzine integration.
- In a few instances it does not work.
- The workaround is to click on AVAILABLE ONLINE to view and follow the e-resource links in the Detailed Record display.
- HathiTrust items: There is no filter to select only HathiTrust items. The online filter doesn't work either since HathiTrust access is linked to UTL physical items. You must click the GET IT link in the catalogue record to see if it leads you to HathiTrust. See video.
- Library location filter: There may be multiple locations within one library, e.g. Stacks vs Periodical Stacks
- Author/creator filter: The display is missing a comma between last and first name e.g., Wagamese, Richard is displayed as Wagamese Richard
- Library filter: When in advanced search mode, you must apply the filter from the results page, i.e., after your initial search. We are hoping to add this feature at some point
- Online only filter: When in advanced search mode, you must apply the filter from the results page, i.e., after your initial search. We are hoping to add this feature at some point
- Individual search rows cannot be cleared. Either clear the whole search with the CLEAR icon, or remove the text from a row. A blank row will not affect your search
- When in ARTICLE mode, the format dropdown menu says ALL ITEMS, but this does not mean anything – ignore it
- When using Boolean operators across a row, they must be capitalized e.g., AND, OR, NOT
- NEW: Publisher searching is not working well. Example: a search for Phaidon brings no results even though we have many items published by Phaidon. Workaround: Search for the publisher name in ALL FIELDS and add more information if possible e.g., Phaidon London. From the search results limit to the format you want, e.g., books.
- Export Citation (RIS): A encoding box shows up, however, you don't need to select an option to export the citation. We are not able to remove the box.
– Last updated April 30, 2021