Skip to main content

How do I request an item from another university?

You can place an interlibrary loan request through RACER to get an item from another university delivered to a U of T library.


  • Our interlibrary loan request system
  • Search for the item you want or fill out a "blank request form"
  • How to use RACER

You can also place an Interlibrary Loan request in LibrarySearch, the University of Toronto Libraries online catalogue. Make sure to enable the "Expand results beyond Library collection" filter in your search results. 

Eligibility and cost

  • Free for current University of Toronto students and faculty members
  • Charges apply for Research Readers, Alumni Readers, and Associate Member
See other FAQs about: 

Can't find what you're looking for?  Contact us.