- Current U of T students, faculty and staff. Most Interlibrary Loans are free of charge.
- Research Readers, Alumni Readers, and Associate Member organizations. Charges will apply.
- Direct Borrowers are not eligible for interlibrary loan services.
Order books, journal articles and more through RACER
If you have searched the U of T catalogue and cannot find the item you need:
- Register for RACER (first time only)
- Log into RACER with your library barcode and PIN
- From the drop down menu, choose ‘Toronto’ as your location
- Edit your profile (first time only) to select the catalogues you wish to search
- Click on Standard Search or Advanced Search (left side bar) to find the item you want
- Search for your item – we’ll choose the best and fastest location for you
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? Fill out the Blank Request Form as completely as possible and we’ll do the rest.
Never ceases to amaze how I can request an obscure 30yo out of print paper & @UofTlibraries will find it & email me a PDF abroad in 2 days.
— Elizabeth (@palaeobeth) July 23, 2015
The length of time from request to delivery depends on where the material is coming from, and how readily available it is.
Articles that can be delivered electronically are normally available within one or two days, while books or other items that need to be mailed can take weeks. Be sure to fill out the field 'Item not needed after' on the RACER request form.
You can cancel or check the status of your requests in RACER (see My Requests).
Please see the Library FAQ for additional information.
Contact us @:
For information regarding loan services to Associate Members and other organizations not affiliated with U of T, see Lending Services.