Associate Memberships support eligible organizations unaffiliated with the University of Toronto with their research needs by providing access to the University of Toronto Libraries print collection and other services.
For profit and non-profit organizations unaffiliated with the University of Toronto may apply. All applications are reviewed to determine eligibility. Post-secondary institutions are ineligible for Associate Membership.
How to Apply
- Up to 5 borrowing cards are issued to the organization/corporation
- Each card may borrow up to 100 items at one time
- Initial loan period of 14 days, renewable to a maximum of 42 days
- Additional cards available at $100.00 per card
- Access to computing, stacks, and facilities
- On-site access to U of T Libraries' online databases
- Interlibrary loan: We will obtain loans or copies of items not in our collection from other institutions at $30.00 per request
Please note that the Associate Member card does NOT include:
- Remote access to U of T Libraries' online databases due to licensing restrictions.
- In-depth research support (e.g., research consultations, support for knowledge syntheses).
- Wifi access
- $900.00 per year – for profit organizations
- $700.00 per year – non-profit organizations
- Mail - $5.00 surcharge, per package
- Courier – Your own courier is assumed
- Colour copies - $3.00 surcharge, per page
- Urgent service - $15.00 surcharge, per item (All copies are copyright cleared. A copyright tariff will be added, where applicable.)
–Updated June 22, 2023.