Your instructor can set aside physical copies of your course readings and other items in the Course Reserves collection of a library on campus.
Using course reserves
Your instructor will set the length of borrowing time, which varies from 1 hour to 7 days. For the most part, course reserves items must be used in the library.
Returning course reserves & fines
Bring your course reserves items back to the circulation desk from which you borrowed it.
Late fines for course reserves items are much higher than for regular books – $0.50 per hour overdue!
How to look up physical course reserves
- Go to Course Reserves look up tool
- Search by your instructor’s name, the course code, or the course name
- When you find the items(s), make a note of:
- Which library has the item
- The call number of the item – e.g., RA441. B38 2009
- The loan period – e.g., 3 hours, overnight, a week
- Bring the call number to the Course Reserves or Short Term Loan area in the library to request it (if closed stacks) or to find it on the shelf (if open stacks)