Your instructor can set aside physical copies of your course readings and other items in the course reserves sections of a library on campus.
Your instructor will set the length of time you can borrow the items for. These can vary from 1 hour to 7 days. Often, course reserves items cannot leave the library.
Bring your course reserves item back to the desk you borrowed it from. Make sure you bring it back on time because fines for course reserves items are higher than for regular books: $0.50 per hour overdue.
How do I look up physical course reserves?
- Go to Course Reserves look up tool
- Search by your instructor’s name, your course code, or course name
- When you find the items(s) for your course, make a note of:
- Which library the item is in
- The call number of the item (e.g. RA441. B38 2009)
- How long it circulates for (e.g. 3 hours, overnight, a week)
- Bring the call number to the course reserves or short term loan area in the library it is held at to find it on the shelf