In this guide:
- Step-by-step instructions
- How do I make my readings available using this application
- Available support
The Library Course Reserves application manages your course reserves material. This tool creates a single list of all the course materials you have requested for your class through the Library’s Course Reserves and Syllabus Service. This list can be made up of articles, books, web links, and media resources. Enrolled students will be able to use the list to access their readings directly online. Access to readings expires once the course has ended. When you use the Library Course Reserves application, Library staff will ensure your course readings are made available to students while respecting Canadian copyright law and existing U of T licensing agreements and policies. You can make Library Course Reserves accessible to your students by making the app visible in your course navigation.
The Library Course Reserves app is already installed in Quercus but the link to this tool needs to be made visible to students by the following steps:
- In your course menu, click "Settings" (at the bottom)
- Click on the "Navigation" tab
- Click on and drag "Library Course Reserves" up from the list of hidden navigation items to the list of visible navigation items in the top half of this list. Place it where you would like it to appear in the course menu.
- Save your change
Students will now have access to the Library Course Reserves app in their course side navigation bar. If the readings fail to appear, please ensure you have selected "Library Course Reserves" and not "Library Resources."
Contact the Library’s Course Reserves and Syllabus Service help page for information on how to submit your reading list.
If you need any further assistance with this tool, contact firstname.lastname@example.org