If you have the call number of a book in the stacks at Robarts Library, but aren't sure where to find it, the Robarts Library stack guide will show you which floor your book is shelved on. Look at the first letter(s) of the call number to see which floor it is on.
For example, if your book is in Robarts stacks and the call number is PS3622 .U96 O52:
- Go to the 13th floor because the stack guide shows that all books with call numbers starting with PS are found there
- Then look at the signs on the end of the shelf rows to find the PS's
- Then find the PS3600s within that row
- Then find the PS3622s and continue on "reading" the call number from left to right
- By the time you find the PS3622.Us, you should be able to locate your book by reading titles of the books on the spines nearby