June 1, 2018:
The competition is now closed. Thank you for your submissions, and watch this space for the announcement of the winners in August 2018.
Calling all U of T graduate students!
Have you recently written an amazing paper or worked on a wonderful project? Do you have a creative visual eye?
U of T Libraries is giving you the chance to show off your creative chops – in an exhibit! Take a research project you've already worked on, and turn these ideas in an eye-catching display.
Enter our inaugural graduate student exhibit contest – winning projects will be featured at the Robarts Library in a special student exhibit, and up to three $1000 prizes will be awarded
Deadline: May 31, 2018, 11:59 EST.
Open to all current University of Toronto graduate students at the St. George, Mississauga, and Scarborough campuses. Students from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Three prizes of $1000, per exhibit proposal winning entry.
- The contest opens April 16, 2018 and runs until May 31, 2018. Winners will be contacted in August 2018.
- All University of Toronto graduate students who are current students at the time of submission are eligible to enter.
- Exhibits must be based on papers or projects created while a graduate student at the University of Toronto (Papers or projects completed for course work, thesis/dissertation, or research conducted while enrolled at the University of Toronto during Spring 2017/Summer 2017, Fall 2017 or Winter 2018 are eligible for submission). Eligibility will be considered at the discretion of the committee.
- Proposals and exhibits must be produced entirely by University of Toronto graduate students (no faculty, professional designers, etc).
- Proposals must include a letter of support from their supervisor/instructor.
- Prizes will be awarded per proposal (not per individual, regardless of the number of group members involved).
- The proposals will be evaluated by a panel of judges comprised of U of T library staff and faculty (see FAQ for evaluation criteria).
- The U of T Libraries reserves the right to take and use photographs of all exhibit materials in library communications.
- The winners of the award will be expected to participate fully in arranging an exhibition in Robarts Library, including some of the items listed in their bibliography.
- Final exhibit plan must be completed by Oct 1, 2018. Exhibits must be completed and mounted by Jan 4, 2019. Exhibits will be mounted for a 1-month duration and winners will be responsible to teardown by Jan 31, 2019.
- Contest submission deadline: May 31, 2018 at 11:59pm
- Completion date of final exhibit plan: Oct 1, 2018
- Completion of exhibit mounting: Jan 4, 2019
- Exhibit teardown: Jan 31, 2019
- Prize Ceremony: January 2019 (date TBA)
HOW TO ENTER
Submit your entry via online entry form by May 31, 2018, at 11:59pm EST.