We can help meet your teaching goals and students’ learning needs. Evidence shows that students benefit from detailed research guidelines, lists of useful databases, library research guides, and librarian contact information .
Your liaison librarian can help you with:
- Making course readings available on course reserve or in Quercus
- Checking your syllabus for copyright compliance
- Teaching your students the information skills they’ll need for your course. This can take the form of:
- In-class presentations customized to your assignments
- Office hours or drop-in sessions outside of class
- Online research guides, which can be customized and embedded in Quercus
- Short instructional videos
- Ensuring that the library’s collection has the right resources to support your assignments
 Alison J. Head and Michael B. Eisenberg. Assigning Inquiry: How Handouts for Research Assignments Guide Today’s College Students, (Project Information Literacy, July 2010), https://projectinfolit.org/publications/research-handouts-study/.
Professor Lori Loeb talks about working with a librarian.