About the library
Innis College Library (ICL) is a unique space that includes study space, a computer lab with printing services, and rich print collection for Cinema Studies Institute's courses and research.
We strive to develop services and collections (print and online) to best support Innis College (IC) communities:
- IC undergraduate Arts & Science students (commuters and IC residence);
- IC academic programs (Cinema Studies Institute, Writing & Rhetoric Program, Urban Studies Program, and Innis ONE Program);
- IC alumni (please note that that alumni can only use print materials in the library).
ICL has approximately 7,000 items with a large focus on Cinema Studies, but also includes course reserves and select resources for Writing & Rhetoric Program, Innis ONE Program and Urban Studies Program.
How to access
Innis College Library's collections are available for general public is welcomed to use materials in the library.
Innis College users and University of Toronto users with valid TCards can:
- Check out ICL items located in the stacks and course reserves collections.
- The ICL reference and periodical collections must be used in the library.
- The PhD Cinema Studies collection has restricted circulation for students enrolled in the Cinema Studies Institute's PhD program.