Campus Police and the Community Safety Office have partnered with AppArmour to create the U of T Campus Safety App. The official safety app of U of T, it is now available for free download via Google Play and the Apple Store.
This unique app integrates with U of T’s safety and security systems to deliver real-time assistance to students, faculty, and staff. It also provides campus safety alerts and immediate access to safety resources and supports—all tailored to a campus of choice.
Key features for on-campus use include:
- TravelSafer: Allow Campus Police to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual TravelSafer and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the University of Toronto area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern.
- Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to University of Toronto Campus Police in real-time in case of a crisis.
- Chat with Campus Police: Communicate live with safety staff at University of Toronto via chat.
The following features can be accessed at any location around the world, and offer the option to contact relevant local authorities, if needed:
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real-time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position.
- Support Services: Access both on-campus and 24/7 off-campus resources pertaining to mental health support, personal safety and support services, and academic resources.
Questions? Contact Ryan Dow, Staff Sergeant, Community Resource Unit, Campus Police or Shannon Howes, Assistant Director, High Risk and Community Safety, Community Safety Office.