In the summer of 2016, the central libraries of the University of Toronto updated our Strategic Plan. Charting our Future: A Strategic Plan for the University of Toronto Libraries 2013-2018 was originally released on October 1, 2013 after substantive consultations with the University of Toronto community of faculty, students and staff; library staff in both the central system and in our partner libraries on all three campuses; and with our peers both locally and abroad in the larger library and archives communities. After the review, it became very clear that the core tenet of our plan should remain. We will continue to place scholars at the heart of all that we do, and will be bold as we make information accessible to all.
To achieve our ambitions, we have affirmed five key priorities:
- We will grow our world class collections, expanding our strengths in both traditional and emerging directions in scholarship.
- We will enhance our physical spaces to facilitate ground-breaking research, teaching and learning.
- We will provide innovative services that inspire the generation of ideas and prepare scholars for an information-centric world.
- We will strengthen our relationships with our many stakeholders, and engage dynamically with the community of researchers both locally and abroad.
- We will achieve these tasks through careful stewardship of our resources and the expert knowledge of our excellent staff.
This plan frames the overarching ambitions of the Libraries, and provides direction to the individual departments which develop and implement specific initiatives to achieve our goals. We invite you to continue the conversation. Please share your ideas for the Libraries and help us ensure that UTL continues to lead strategically to further the mission of the University of Toronto today and for future generations of scholars.
To contact us about the Strategic Plan, please email PlanUTL@utoronto.ca.