Accessing certain library e-resources is changing. These changes notably affect those connected to the UofT wireless network and/or UTORvpn.
- Direct access to some e-resource platforms like Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, and the American Chemical Society is no longer available from these networks.
- Users may now access these e-resources through the library catalogue, facilitated by our internal electronic resource service, EZProxy.
Why It Matters:
It has become more challenging to manage reports of excessive download due to potential information piracy, prompting vendors to potentially limit our access to e-resources.
What You Need to Do:
- Navigate to e-resources through the library catalogue: UofT Library Catalogue
- If you use bookmarks instead of the catalogue, update them by adding the following prefix: "https://myaccess.library.utoronto.ca/login?url="
For example: https://myaccess.library.utoronto.ca/login?url=https://www.jstor.org/
- Be prepared to authenticate using UTOR multifactor authentication.
For more information, please visit our FAQ page.