You qualify as alumni if you completed four or more degree credits at U of T, but are no longer a current student. As an alum, you access the library differently than when you were a student.
See also Alumni library cards.
- The alumni reader and alumni research reader cards both offer borrowing privileges
- Find out about borrowing limits and conditions here
- As of September 7, 2021, alumni must place a hold online for desired items while being signed into LibrarySearch
- Placing holds for materials on the shelves has replaced the Curbside Pickup Service
- Once notified that the material is ready, alumni may come to Robarts first floor Loans Services Desk to pick it up
- People will be given a paper COVID-19 risk assessment form to fill in, in order to enter the library
- Additionally, If your local library has an interlibrary loan program, you may use it to borrow from our collection
Online resources [LIRA workstations not currently available for alumni]
- You can access our e-books, online journals, and other electronic resources in person at a public access (LIRA) computer
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide remote access to our online resources – e.g., e-articles, ebooks, ejournals, or databases – to alumni
- These may be requested through your local library’s interlibrary loan program
Study space [Not currently available for alumni]
- Most libraries are open to the public for quiet study.
- In Robarts, floors 1–5 and 8 are open to the public during regular hours.
- Access does not include extended overnight hours.
Robarts stacks access [Not currently available for alumni]
While many libraries have open book stacks, Robarts Library's stacks (floors 9 – 13) are restricted.
You may request materials from the stacks at the Loans Desk or get access with:
- Your TCard from when you were a student
- Alumni ID card if you lost your TCard
- Alumni reader card
- Alumni research reader card
We would like to hear from you about your information and library needs, and about your experiences with our library so that we may serve you better! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
–Updated September 6, 2021.